Monday, August 14, 2006

My Days of Thunder

The first song on my iPod this morning totally spoke to me. I was listening to it and started to reminisce about my California buddies and I got kinda sad. This past Saturday was one of best bud's from back in the days wedding. Since it was on Saturday and I'm Shomer Shabbos (Sabbath Observant) I wasn't able to attend. On top of that I'm a doofus and had in my head that the wedding was next Saturday so I called her Sunday night to say howdy before they left for Cali for the wedding. Thank goodness her cell was off and I wasn't disturbing their honeymoon. That would have sucked big time. Anyway, the song this morn was Days of Thunder by Brooks and Dunn.

"Looking back on those days of thunder
Shake my head and I have to wonder
How we ever made it through that
Every night you're taking me back
Desert road and a restless wind
Ain't it good to feel that way again
Here we are the way we were
And those days of thunder."

This song and Wide Open Spaces from the Dixie Chicks (and really Any Man of Man, but thats for different reasons) always make my think of my girls in California. Those days really were my days of thunder and my friends really helped me live my life to the fullest. I miss you guys so much. I know no one reads this blog from there...but I wanted to put it out there for you. Jen and Larry...I wish you guys all the best the world has to offer. You both complement each other so well and I'm so happy you found each other. Even though it was in a bar in Vegas and if I were there I would have been like, Jen, gross, you can't meet a good guy in a bar in Vegas. Good thing I wasn't there. I wish I could have shared the big day with you. Love you guys!

No comments: