Friday, May 23, 2008

Oh right! I'm engaged.

After spending most of my 28 years as a single, its hard to transform from available hotty into spoken-for woman. Oooohh the Bangitout Lager B'Omer party is tonight! Oh right, I'm not on the prowl anymore, nix that from my calendar. Oooohh, theres a SawYouAtSinai Shabbaton at the end of the summer! Oh wait, I'm going home for my bridal shower that weekend. But this week I've spent a lot of time looking at pictures. We took over 200 at my engagement party last week. And let me be frank, I looked good! I wore a cute dress. Put on a bunch of makeup. I even let Reif comb my hair. So being the narcissist that I am, I've been staring at my pictures non-stop. And they're everywhere! FACEBOOK! ONLYSIMCHAS! MYSPACE! I'm so vain I can't get enough of them. But the worst is this. Throughout the week I've caught myself riffling through pictures thinking, damn, I look good. And when I come to one of my more striking pictures, the first thought that comes to my mind is wow, this will make an incredible Frumster headshot. Doh! When will my brain realize I'm single no more?

2 comments:

Cookie Momster said...

Your post reminds me of my days trolling the jewish dating sites and one profile in particular.

There was this guy on J-Date who put a picture of himself lying shirtless in bed and, although it was cropped, you could make out a woman's head lying beside him. Hey, if he can do that, maybe women with chutzpah could use their wedding pictures on frumster, as long as they could successfully crop out the big white gown and the tiara on their head. After all, they generally look their best on that day. :)

Now, confession time...after over 2 years of happy marriage and a baby, sometimes I think the same thing when I look at a good photo of myself and then I remember, "Duh! don't have to do that anymore." Some old habits (especially one had I had to do for sooooooooo many years) die hard.

Mazel Tov again!

Anonymous said...

susanne--

We took a picture in honor of you in ottawa! ask reifer about it...

S