Thursday, November 16, 2006

Only you can prevent forest fires

My office is predominately female. There are approximately 16 women, and 5 men. So our ladie's room gets pretty disgusting. Someone had the idea to leave a box of matches in the bathroom. Instead of spraying air freshener, some people prefer lighting a match. Why does lighting a match get rid of "bathroom odors" you may ask? According to the AskYahoo site "When a match is struck, it produces sulfur dioxide, a "very pungent substance, to which the smell receptors are extremely sensitive." MadSci explains, "You can smell a minute amount of sulfur dioxide, but when you have done so, you will not smell anything else for a while." Interesting. But in a bathroom where some people are lighting matches and some are spraying air freshener....all I smell is a forest fire. And I just know, I'll be the one sitting there when the fire sprinkler gets fed up and decides to turn on. Lucky me.

No comments: