Sunday, April 01, 2007

Sunburn

Been in California for a day, and already I've got a terrible sunburn. Today was Shabbos which means there really wasn't much to do but take a walk at the beach. I know what you're thinking, "Boo fricken hoo Susanne! You were sooo bored that you HAD to walk along the beach??!" Well, my skin burns within minutes and you can't apply sunscreen on Shabbos. Okay, I normally would anyway but I thought, hell, a little sun won't kill me. I can use a base color for the rest of the tanning time I have left in Cali. So as I sit here in tremendous pain, blisters on my neck and the back of my knees, I ask myself, was it worth it? Not really. Will I do it again? Probably. Sunshine is a terrible thing to waste.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You might want to invest in the spray-on sunblock they have these days. Just saying.

Chag Kasher V'Sameach.

-Z :)