Thursday, March 29, 2007

In case you were wondering...


Wherever you are in the world, you probably just heard me laughing hysterically for the last ten minutes. I was making my calls (mostly leaving messages) as usual to synagogues across the country, "Hi, this is Susanne...yada yada... Shabbat Across America... yada yada... if you'd like to take part... yada yada...call me at...yada yada." I hung up the phone and was REALLY excited to eat my next Mamba fruit chew (it was strawberry! yum!). They're awesome, sort of like a more kosher equivalent to Starburst candy, but without the gelatin. So I hung up and screamed MAMBA excitedly!! Only to realize that the phone hadn't clicked all the way into place and since my headset was still on, the exclamation totally made it onto the answering machine message. So without cursing I quickly hung up completely and burst into hysterics. I told Tamarzeepoo what happened and she joined in with her own belly laugh. This went on for a while, really, really loudly! I started convulsing on the floor of my office, almost choking on the Mamba I was chewing (this was strawberry remember, I couldn't wait until the laughing stopped to eat it). Good news is, the shul was in Lake Havasu City, and I don't think it ever even checks its answering machine. So my integrity remains intact. This will be our little secret.

1 comment:

Sameach18 said...

That's hysterical! I totally picture you screaming Mamba.
I do that all the time.... http://whoneedsalastname.blogspot.com/2007/01/survival-tip-5674.html
but not as funny.