Thursday, February 15, 2007

My first time doing stand-up comedy...

Contrary to prior belief, I am pretty damn shy. In general, I know I'm funny. Amongst a small group of friends I can keep them giggling for hours on end. But other than this blog, I rarely express my humor to a mass audience. That was, until last night. At my shul, Mount Sinai Jewish Center of Washington Heights, we welcomed the proclaimed comedian of Jerusalem and the starter of the Off the Wall Comedy Empire, Dovid Kilimnick. I was asked by my buddy Margie to introduce Dovid and she asked me to be funny while I was up there. I was totally nervous but I think I kept my cool pretty well and didn't freak out. So basically, I came up with a short shtick basically describing the hardest thing about being frum and single isn't dating...but finding a roommate. Unlike most comedians, everything I mentioned was 100% true and each instance happened to me, like for real. I've just led a very very funny life. I always have competitions with my friends to discover who has the most screwed up roommate stories. I always win this battle. Not all the stories are funny (suicide attempts, eating disorders, etc) but some are (sleepwalkers, uber-relgious, getting run over by trucks, etc). I felt I needed to share my experiences with the world. So of course I uploaded the video to YouTube. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Drew Kaplan said...

shkoyach! I enjoyed it. What is the story with that guy roommate...?

Anonymous said...

Rockin video, making me laugh. I was gona drive down from Albany for that show. Figured I'd get me a date drive down kill two birds with one stone. Well, the shidduch pool was empty and I am a skier. Just couldn't do it. Is there any footage of the show?

Jacob Da Jew said...

Cute vid.