Monday, February 12, 2007

5 Grammys!

The Dixie Chicks went 5 for 5 last night at the 49th Annual Grammys awards winning everything they were nominated for, included the big three, Album of the Year, Record of the Year, and Song of the Year. As all of you know, I am a longtime fan of the Chicks, ever since the day I heard their anthem Wide Open Spaces as I was readying myself to trek across the country alone for college. And just like Natalie said last night, for the first time in my life I am speechless. Congrats Dixie Chicks. Thank you for not backing down. Freedom of speech is alive and kicking in America. Country radio made the selfish choice of denying Americans the beauty of Taking the Long Way. Hopefully with last night's win, those who didn't have the chance to hear the album the first time around will get up the courage to drive over to Wal*Mart and pick up this masterpiece. Whether you agree or disagree with their politics and wholeheartedly support the office of the president, you should also support the foundation of our great country. The Bill of Rights is a beautiful document. I encourage all of the Chicks naysayers to read it sometime.

No comments: