Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Rosh Hashana Greetings

Okay, heres the deal. I honestly feel as if no time has passed since last year and the last time I wrote this letter. Like its my birthday again in 6 days and I feel like my birthday party last year at Yogi's (which was lame and I was home by 11 pm) was just yesterday. Its gone by in a flash. I'm seeing little glimpses of this past year in my mind.

My mom being followed by 50 little children in Honduras because she made the mistake of giving one child a quarter and then they came out in droves.

Traveling abroad for the first time with friends to Madrid over Shavuous, and eating yontiff lunch in a Starbucks near the Prado because we were desperate to get out of the rain which plaugued us the whole trip.

Becoming an ordained "clergy member" and being able to officiate my first civil wedding ceremony.

My first root canal (which was this morning by the way and the drugs might be an explanation for this incoherant rambling).

Sure lots of stuff happened but I'm honestly not sure I bettered myself in any way. Rosh Hashana is a time for introspection. The flaws that I said last year I hoped to overcome are all still there. I still have a messy room. I still don't speak up when I know I should. I still "give it" but am incapable of "taking it" when it comes to constructive criticism. I miss my family terribly and can't believe I live 3000 miles away from them. Sure we fight like cats and dogs when we are all together, but honestly, distance does make the heart grow fonder. I hope that you can somehow find it in your heart to forgive me for for all of these transgressions that I have committed. May all of our relationships with our families, our friends, and our neighbors be built on a strong foundation made of love, respect, and mitzvos. I hope this coming year will be filled with nothing but simchas! Gmar Chasima Tova! Have a Happy and Sweet New Year!

Love,
Susanne

No comments: